United for the Children of Gaza – Day of Action
On 19 August 1982, at its emergency special session on the question of Palestine, the UN General Assembly, “appalled at the great number of innocent Palestinian and Lebanese children victims of Israel’s acts of aggression”, decided to commemorate 4 June of each year as the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression. The purpose of the day is to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse.
40 years on, we are still witnessing the ongoing violations of children’s rights in Gaza due to the siege and violence.
This 4th June, we ask you to stand united for the children of Gaza by taking part in our national day of action. There are so many ways you can get involved, whether as an individual or as an organisation or business, browse below some of our suggested ideas or simply get in touch to discuss an idea of your own!
- Get your business involved (download poster)
- Get your mosque involved (download poster)
- Take action (download poster)
- Fundraise for Gaza – you can create your own fundraising page here (givebrite link)
- Update your profile picture/social media with the United for the Children of Gaza badge to show your solidarity (download profile pic)